This weekend’s been an adventure. Even though we’d been preparing all summer for our daughter’s move to college, it still didn’t really hit us that she was leaving until everything was packed. Suddenly, the house seemed emptier — both physically and emotionally.
After a three-and-a-half hour drive, the unpacking began.
Ikea furniture was assembled.
A kitchen was stocked, organized, and expanded.
A shower curtain was hung. (Just like the one at our home!)
And just like that, a new chapter in our lives began.
You may also enjoy these related posts:
- Our daughter’s college journey: Weighing costs and education
- College apartment-hunting with our daughter
- Back to Campus decorating and organization
- Building a kitchen countertop extension for our daughter’s college apartment
- College apartment bargains and finds: What she’s packing
- Putting two HD television antennas to the test in our daughter’s college apartment (free TV – no cable bill!)