April is Earth Month, and Jewel-Osco wants to help shoppers make healthier eating choices that are also environmentally conscious. When I think about organics and healthier food choices at the supermarket, it’s impressive how much the availability of healthy, sustainable food options have improved even over the last five years. You no longer need to seek out a specialty store to find a wide selection healthy foods and beverages — you’ll find many of them right at Jewel-Osco!
To celebrate Earth Month, Jewel’s launched the “Every Cart Counts” promotion. Wouldn’t you be surprised if your cashier told you your entire cart of groceries was being paid for by someone else? That’s what Every Cart Counts is all about! White Wave Foods will actually be buying random shoppers’ entire carts of groceries for them if their cart contains one or more participating White Wave Foods products from 4/6/16 to 4/26/16.
White Wave makes many popular brands of organics and healthier foods that are responsibly produced, including Earthbound Farm, Silk, So Delicious, Simply Pure, Vega and Horizon.
Here’s a list of participating items for the Every Cart Counts promotion:
- Earthbound Farm 5 oz. Salads (5 oz. Kale Italia/ 5oz Spinach)
- Earthbound Farm Frozen Fruits (10 oz. blueberries)
- Earthbound Farm Frozen Vegetables (8 oz. Frozen Kale)
- Silk Half Gallons (Almond Unsweetened Vanilla)
- Nutchello (Caramel Almond Cashew)
- Silk Dairy Free – Yogurt Alternative (Blueberry)
- Silk Creamer
- So Delicious Dairy Free Yogurt Alternative (Strawberry)
- So Delicious Ice Cream Pints (Coconut Vanilla)
- So Delicious Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
- So Delicious Creamer (Vanilla)
- Simply Pure Creamer (Vanilla)
- Mac and Cheese (Classic)
- Cookies (Cinnamon Graham)
- Cracker (Peanut Butter Sandwich)
- Aseptic Milk (Chocolate 6-pack or 12-pack)
- Essentials US (Vanilla)
- Clean Protein US (Vanilla MD)
- Protein & Greens (SM US Vanilla)
- Clean Energy US (Berry Infusion)
To celebrate “Every Cart Counts,” Jewel asked me to come up with a healthy treat using White Wave Foods ingredients! Here’s a delicious dairy-free “milkshake” that’s simple to make with just two ingredients:
Coconut Caramel Nut Silkshake
- So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream in Vanilla Bean flavor
- Silk Nutchello nut beverage in Caramel Almond Cashew flavor
Add five scoops of So Delicious coconut vanilla ice cream to your blender. Then, add 2/3 cup Silk Nutchello and blend. Pour into your favorite glass and serve! This recipe uses about half a pint of the So Delicious ice cream, so you can make two shakes with each pint.
Everyone in our house enjoyed these shakes! The coconut vanilla blends well with the caramel nut flavors, and it’s got just the right amount of sweetness. It blended up with the same consistency of a dairy-based milkshake too! These would also be a great treat for anyone who’s lactose intolerant or avoiding dairy.
Will you shop the “Every Cart Counts” promotion for Earth Month? It’s a great reminder to incorporate healthy and sustainable foods into our lives — and the chance to win a free cart of groceries is exciting too!