According to General Mills, snacking now accounts for 53% of all eating occasions. (Incredible, isn’t it?) Whether you’re seeking a tasty snack for the kids, a late-night snack for yourself, or a midday snack break, General Mills brands have all kinds of snack options to fulfill your sweet, crunchy, or savory snack needs.
Jewel-Osco and General Mills invite you to “Be Snacksational!” As part of this campaign, they asked me to come up with an easy-to-make after-school snack with General Mills brands that the entire family can enjoy. My children love frosted cookies, so I created a tasty, frosted fiber-filled treat that gets some of its sweetness from yogurt…
Pineapple-Coconut Glazed Sugar Cookies
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Fiber One® 6ct. Crunchy Sugar Cookies
- Yoplait® Original 6oz. yogurt cup, Pina Colada flavor
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
– Mix 2 tablespoons of Yoplait Original Pina Colada yogurt with 1 cup powdered sugar to make icing.
(You’ll be surprised at how easy and delicious this icing is – much more flavorful than a traditional milk icing!)
– Spread icing on Fiber One Crunchy Sugar Cookie and top with shredded coconut. This icing will harden after a few minutes, so make sure to add the coconut before the icing dries.
If you like, toast coconut in the microwave on a plate in 30-second intervals until the color changes — it really brings out the flavor.
Each cookie contains 20% of your recommended daily fiber value, and the sweet and fruity topping gives each cookie a tropical twist! My boys enjoyed these as an after-school snack. (This one’s so easy that they can make it themselves too!)
All of the ingredients for this Snacksational snack are available at Jewel-Osco. What’s your favorite “Snacksational” General Mills snack idea?