Each week’s Deals in the Wild post will be a place for both me, and you, to share any interesting deals we find in the current week, whether they’re online or in stores.
As we’re still housebound due to the Corona virus, our family has been building a puzzle together. While we made many puzzles when our children were little, we’ve never tackled a large puzzle with the kids until now. (Why not?! I’m not sure, honestly. Our schedules tend to be pretty busy when everyone is in school and working full-time.)
Some time ago, my mom gave us a 1000-piece puzzle featuring vintage Coca-Cola advertising. When life was busier, I put it on the closet shelf for “another time.”
Last week, I brought the card table out, dumped the Coke puzzle out, and left it in the living room. “Another time” is now!
Every day, different family members sat down, either alone or together, and work on the puzzle. For days we complained that we could not find part of the Coke delivery man’s pants. Nobody wanted to touch the skyline in the background of the puzzle (“all that sky area is going to take forever!”)
However, the puzzle table has become the magnet of our living room! We’re nearing the final third of the puzzle now, and we’re already talking about choosing another one to work on together. As no one plans to go to the store for a puzzle, I started browsing puzzles on Amazon with my son to look at potential new projects.
I was not entirely surprised to find that there are many large, 1000+ piece puzzle designs completely sold-out on Amazon right now, as well as many that won’t be back in stock until May. (Apparently many people are working on puzzles right now!) However, there are still some in stock that you can order & receive in the next few days — at least, at the time of this writing. All of these are in the $13 to $25 price range, such as…
- Beach Lighthouse
- Farm Country
- Colorful Coral
- Scenic Greece
- Night sky with astrological star signs
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s “Saguaro Forms and Cactus Flowers”
- Gustav Klimt’s “The Kiss”
- Alma Thomas’ “The Eclipse”
- Antique World Map
- Underwater Dogs
- Pooping Chihuahua (yes… really)
If 1000-piece puzzles aren’t challenging enough, I spotted some other interesting ones on Amazon:
- White Hell and Black Hell – 1000 solid white or black pieces with no design at all.
- World’s Smallest 1000 piece landmark puzzles – they’re all 6″ x 3″ completed! Compared to the 24″ x 16″ 1000-piecer we’re working on now, that’s really tiny!
If budget, time, and physical space are no object at all, check these out:
- 40,320-piece Memorable Disney Moments and 40,320-piece Mickey Through The Years – these are the largest Disney puzzles in the world and measure 22′ x 6′ completed.
- 51,300-piece Kodak Wonders Of The World – the largest puzzle currently made – 28.5′ x 6.25′ completed!
Just as I was writing this post, my son and husband made some major progress on our Coke puzzle, so after I wrote this post, I ordered the Frank Lloyd Wright puzzle for us to work on next, as I’m pretty sure we will be home for a few more weeks.
Have you spotted any good deals in the wild this week? Feel free to post them below! If your deal includes photos, feel free to email them to me at email@example.com, and I’ll add them to your comment.