Jewel-Osco launched its MyMixx digital coupon offers a few weeks ago, and each week I’ve been shopping with it and trying out a variety of the new digital offers. Today, I bought a mix of MyMixx items and sale items with coupons! Here’s what I picked up…
- Two Pop-Tarts Gone Nutty Strawberry pastries, on sale for $1.99 each with $1 instant savings when you buy two. I used one .40 MyMixx ecoupon and one .50 paper coupon. I paid $2.08 for both, or $1.04 each.
- One package Fiora bath tissue, on sale for $3.99. I used a $1 MyMixx ecoupon and paid $2.99.
- Five Yoplait Greek yogurt cups, on sale for .88 each. I used a $1-off-5 MyMixx ecoupon and dropped these to .68 per cup.
- Four Johnsonville sausages and two dozen Jewel eggs. The Johnsonville is on sale for $3. I used a $1.50-off-2 MyMixx ecoupon and a $1.50-off-2 paper coupon. I also used a “Buy 2 Johnsonville, Get FREE Jewel Eggs” MyMixx ecoupon. This dropped the sausages to $2.25 per pack, and I got one dozen eggs FREE. (I paid for the other at $1.79 – we needed them!)
- Six Kraft salad dressings, on sale for $1.50 each when you buy six. I used a $1-off-2 MyMixx ecoupon and used two $1-off-2 printables on the other four bottles to drop these to $1 each.
I also purchased some Ronzoni pasta (just .38 per box this week with coupon!) and three cans of Essential Everyday corn. The corn’s on sale for .60 per can. I used a $1-off-3 printable and dropped these to about .27 per can. We also needed milk, so that rounded out my trip.
Each week over this four week series of MyMixx posts, I’ve been learning quite a bit about how MyMixx works and some strategies to best maximize your savings with MyMixx. I’ve also been answering some of my readers’ questions about how MyMixx works in specific situations. Here’s a summary of what I’ve learned:
- Each MyMixx digital coupon is valid for one use.
- MyMixx offers are manufacturer coupons and cannot be paired or stacked with paper manufacturer coupons.
- Once you load a MyMixx offer, there is currently no way to un-load or deselect it.
- MyMixx offers take preference over paper coupons, even when a paper coupon’s dollar value is higher.
- If a paper coupon is scanned for an item that’s already had a MyMixx ecoupon applied to it, the register will disallow the paper coupon.
- If you have two MyMixx digital offers for the same product, the register will only apply one to one single item you’re buying.
- Many MyMixx digital offers also appear as printable coupons on Coupons.com. If the printable version of an offer hits its print limit and disappears from Coupons.com, but you have already loaded it in MyMixx, it remains available in MyMixx.
- MyMixx offers do not automatically reset. If you have used a MyMixx offer, then see the same offer featured in Jewel’s ad a week or two later, it does not mean that you’ll have a second opportunity to load that offer.
- Some store-brand MyMixx digital offers also appear on Jewel’s website as printable coupons. They may disappear from MyMixx before their printable counterparts expire, so it’s a good idea to print them too if there are offers you really like.
Over the past few weeks, I’ve also noticed that when printable coupons for Jewel house-brand product (like Essential Everyday) appear in MyMixx, they’re also available as printable coupons on Jewel’s website. When I see printable coupons for products I like, I’ve been printing them — like the canned vegetables and beans. My printable versions of these did not expire until 3/2/15, but the MyMixx versions disappeared recently. I think it’s still a good idea to print any Jewel-brand offers you find, especially for weeks like this one where the items featured on the coupons go on sale weeks after the coupons initially appear.
If you haven’t signed up for Jewel-Osco’s MyMixx digital offers yet, you’ll get a $5-off-$50 ecoupon when you sign up! Some of this week’s MyMixx offers are especially good (I’m still excited about my bargain-sausages-and-free-eggs deal!) so this is a great week to get started. Sign up and get started right here.